Journey with us as we seek the way of Jesus and grow in the image of Christ. Our adult ministries are designed to sustain you along your faith journey and to help you understand where Christ is leading you.
Time: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
Location: First & Second Floors of the Church
Faith Seekers focuses on the study of scripture and application to daily lives through book/video based discussions. The class ranges in age from 30s to 40s. Many in the class participate in the Seedlings Downtown Community, where parents of elementary aged children connect and build relationships with one another.Contact Christy Anderson for more information.
Our class of men and women focuses on the study of scripture and application to our daily lives. We range in age from mid-thirties to early forties with the with many raising children.
A Sunday School class for women of all ages with thought-provoking discussions based on contemporary Christian books. You are invited to join in exploring and discussing the foundations, daily applications, and fruits of our faith. For more information, contact Pam Rapp: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Beginnings is a class of 40- to 60-year-olds that meet every Sunday to share in fellowship, study and volunteering. Our group of rotating teachers uses a combination of books and videos to lead us in several different studies a year. We also come together for social events like supper groups, book clubs, holiday parties and more. For more information contact Brad Anderson.
- The Sprouts group meets for Faith & Fellowship on various Sundays of the month at 9:45am. To learn more about Sprouts, like our Facebook group: SPROUTS or contact Ashley Rogers at email@example.com or Brenda Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A class where men of all ages will find a place of fellowship with a strong emphasis on studying God’s Word. The group encourages input and discussion on how to apply God’s Word to everyday life. For more information, contact Ed Adair: email@example.com
Known for its warm fellowship, this class of mature adults is currently studying the video and book called John, The Gospel of Light and Life by Adam Hamilton. The class is led by a team of teachers including Dede and Doug Speight, Bill Weese, Tom Goldsborough, Alan Lovell and John Leyenberger. For more information, contact John Leyenberger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Retirees Gathering
- The Active Retirees group comes together to form friendships and experience new ways to stay active. In the past the group has met for potluck dinners, game nights, an evening in the park and kayaking. The group is warm and welcoming and looks forward to meeting you at their next event. Contact us HERE be added to the list email distribution list.
Art & Faith is a Downtown Community open to anyone interested in learning how to express their faith through art. You do not have to be an artist or an expert. As a group, our goal is to explore what God is revealing to us and express it in art. Contact Suzanne Pratt at email@example.com.
- The group is currently meeting
- The group meets the 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month at 6PM in the Conference Room.
- Led by Suzanne Pratt & Vicki Roberts
Are you seeking baptism for yourself? FUMC, Bentonville would like to be a part of this important step in your spiritual life. In this two-hour session, information will be presented about the sacrament of Christian baptism and how we, as United Methodists, practice and uphold newly baptized Christians in this community of faith. In addition, details will be provided about how baptism is carried out in worship. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask as many questions as they like. If you are interested in exploring baptism, pleas contact Rebecca Boggan.
- The Chancel Choir is a non-auditioned group of singers who meet on Wednesday evenings who simply enjoy praising God through song. The choir is comprised of people of all musical abilities; from professional singers and instrumentalists to those who have done very little to no singing. If you are interested in joining us please contact Dr. Ray Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rehearsal takes place every Wednesday
- 6:30PM • Sanctuary
We’re excited to have you consider FUMC as the place you want to belong! The purpose of DISCOVER FUMC is to help you get to know your pastors, as well as understand the core values, identity and purpose of the church. You’ll hear about expectations of membership as well as our commitment to help you become a passionate, selfless follower of Christ.
We’ll share ways for you to get involved, and build relationships with one another, and our community. We’ll also leave plenty of time to answer any of your questions. After the class, you will be contacted by one of our pastors to provide the necessary next steps toward membership. All new members will be invited to celebrate at our upcoming new member dinner!
FUMC Runners is a group of runners that meet together to improve physical fitness by training together. The group consists of walkers, new runners, experienced runners and every level in between. Several of us train for common races throughout the year. Runners Group is open to everyone and there is no cost to join. For more information, see our Facebook group.
Contact: David Rector for more information.
The Hiking group experiences a new trail every month! Both members of the church and the community are welcome to join us during our outdoor adventures. We meet the 3rd Saturday of every month at 8:30am in the church parking lot and we carpool or drive our own cars to our destination.
- The group will monthly beginning this September in the church parking lot
Our New Member gatherings are an opportunity to build friendship and community with others who have recently joined the church. After joining, you will receive an invitation in the mail to dinner at a member’s home. During dinner we will share information about the ministries of the church and you’ll have lots of time to socialize and meet other new members.
- Do you love singing praise to God or playing an instrument? If so, we invite you to join us in The Gathering service, our Contemporary worship service. The Praise Band rehearses on Sunday mornings at 7:45am and the band participates in both the 8:45am or 11am Gathering Services.
- Rehearsal takes place on Sunday mornings at 7:45AM
- The band performs during the 8:45am & 11am worship services. Contact Ken Weatherford for more information at email@example.com.
Seedlings is where parents of elementary aged kiddos connect with one another and build relationships. The group meets the last Sunday of every month from 4pm—6:30pm for Sunday Family Fun Day. We’ll kick-off the event with a special craft or family activity, practice songs for our upcoming Children First worship service (taking place the 1st Sunday of the month) and conclude the night with supper. Seedlings also offers a variety of activities like parents nights out, play dates and more
- To learn more about Seedlings, contact Sadie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sprouts is where parents of young children connect with one another and build relationships. We offer a variety of activities to help families build a foundation for raising children in faith. These include parents’ night out, play dates, Sunday school classes, parenting resources, and more. Be sure to pick up the groups latest calendar of events outside of Hines Hall today!
- The Women’s Daytime Gathering group offers women a place to come together in community to grow in our faith, share our wisdom and build relationships with one another. This February, we will begin a new book, Our One Word – Creating Spiritual Joy and Depth by Martha Johnson Bourlakas. The group meets the 1st Wednesday of every month at noon in Hines Hall. Bring your lunch and enjoy some girl time. Childcare is available for a monthly charge of $5 – reservations are required. Scholarships are available for both childcare and the cost of the book. Haven’t read the book? It’s okay, come anyway!