Journey with us as we seek the way of Jesus and grow in the image of Christ. Our adult ministries are designed to sustain you along your faith journey and to help you understand where Christ is leading you.
Time: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
Location: First & Second Floors of the Church
Our class of men and women focuses on the study of scripture and application to our daily lives. We range in age from mid-twenties to early forties with the majority raising small children.
New Beginnings is a class of 40- to 60-year-olds. We have a group of rotating teachers and do several different studies a year. We are very active in supporting the church with volunteering and assisting with any needs. We also have social activities throughout the year including supper groups, picnics and Christmas Parties. For more information contact Angela Barrington.
- The Sprouts group meets for Faith & Fellowship on various Sundays of the month at 9:45am. To learn more about Sprouts, like our Facebook group: SPROUTS or contact Ashley Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or Brenda Allison at email@example.com.
Known for its warm fellowship, this class of mature adults is currently studying the video and book called John, The Gospel of Light and Life by Adam Hamilton. The class is led by a team of teachers including Dede and Doug Speight, Bill Weese, Tom Goldsborough, Alan Lovell and John Leyenberger. For more information, contact John Leyenberger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Retirees Gathering
- The Active Retirees group comes together to form friendships and experience new ways to stay active. In the past the group has met for potluck dinners, game nights, an evening in the park and kayaking. The group is warm and welcoming and looks forward to meeting you at their next event. Contact Rebecca Boggan to be added to the list email distribution list email@example.com
Art & Faith is a Downtown Community open to anyone interested in learning how to express their faith through art. You do not have to be an artist or an expert. As a group, our goal is to explore what God is revealing to us and express it in art. Contact Suzanne Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The group is currently meeting
- The group meets the 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month at 6PM in the Conference Room.
- Led by Suzanne Pratt & Vicki Roberts
Are you seeking baptism for yourself? FUMC, Bentonville would like to be a part of this important step in your spiritual life. In this two-hour session, information will be presented about the sacrament of Christian baptism and how we, as United Methodists, practice and uphold newly baptized Christians in this community of faith. In addition, details will be provided about how baptism is carried out in worship. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask as many questions as they like. If you are interested in exploring baptism, pleas contact Rebecca Boggan.
- The Chancel Choir is a non-auditioned group of singers who meet on Wednesday evenings who simply enjoy praising God through song. The choir is comprised of people of all musical abilities; from professional singers and instrumentalists to those who have done very little to no singing. If you are interested in joining us please contact Dr. Ray Wheeler at email@example.com
- Rehearsal takes place every Wednesday
- 6:30PM • Sanctuary
EXPLORING FAITH – Explore the deep questions of faith in this 4-week conversation and video series. The group will meet every Sunday in May at 10am in Hines Hall with Pastor Eric.
Mysteries of Jesus:
Is Jesus really here? Will he come again? What is the Christ?
Video: The Universal Christ with Richard Rohr
What is the meaning of the crucifixion? What happened at the cross?
Video: The Human One with Richard Rohr
Free Will – God’s Great Gamble on Us.
Why would God risk so much in the hope that we will respond to Divine Love?
Video: God’ Gamble with Ronald Rolheiser
Where is God in the midst of all the violence in the world?
How should we seek God in the midst of the violence?
Video: Love Force with John Phillip Newell
FUMC Runners is a group of runners that meet together to improve physical fitness by training together. The group consists of walkers, new runners, experienced runners and every level in between. Several of us train for common races throughout the year. Runners Group is open to everyone and there is no cost to join. For more information, see our Facebook group.
Contact: David Rector for more information.
The Hiking group experiences a new trail every month! Both members of the church and the community are welcome to join us during our outdoor adventures. We meet the 3rd Saturday of every month at 8:30am in the church parking lot and we carpool or drive our own cars to our destination.
- The group will begin again in March (contingent on weather)
- 8:30am • Meet in church parking lot
Our New Member gatherings are an opportunity to build friendship and community with others who have recently joined the church. After joining, you will receive an invitation in the mail to dinner at a member’s home. During dinner we will share information about the ministries of the church and you’ll have lots of time to socialize and meet other new members.
- Contact Rebecca Boggan to learn when our next gathering will take place.
- Do you love singing praise to God or playing an instrument? If so, we invite you to join us in The Gathering service, our Contemporary worship service. The Praise Band rehearses on Sunday mornings at 7:45am and the band participates in both the 8:45am or 11am Gathering Services.
- Rehearsal takes place on Sunday mornings at 7:45AM
- The band performs during the 8:45am & 11am worship services. Contact Ken Weatherford for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seedlings is where parents of elementary aged kiddos connect with one another and build relationships. The group meets the last Sunday of every month from 4pm—6:30pm for Sunday Family Fun Day. We’ll kick-off the event with a special craft or family activity, practice songs for our upcoming Children First worship service (taking place the 1st Sunday of the month) and conclude the night with supper. Seedlings also offers a variety of activities like parents nights out, play dates and more
- To learn more about Seedlings, contact Sadie at email@example.com.
Sprouts is where parents of young children connect with one another and build relationships. We offer a variety of activities to help families build a foundation for raising children in faith. These include parents’ night out, play dates, Sunday school classes, parenting resources, and more. Be sure to pick up the groups latest calendar of events outside of Hines Hall today!
Join Rev. Linda Pope for an exploration of the Bible through the stories of the often unheard. Together, the group will dig deeper into the lives and situations of lesser known Bible characters. The group meets on Wednesday evenings at 6pm in the Gathering Room. May 1 – June 5.
• How did the Canaanites feel about being driven from their land? How might listening to their story help us to become better Christians?
• What about Jezebel? Is she as wicked as we assume, or was she doing the best she could in her circumstances? What if she were the one who wrote the story?
• Hagar receives a child and a powerful blessing from God; what is the rest of her story? Why do we so rarely hear it?
- Are you looking for a daytime women’s group open to all ages? We will gather together to pray, grow in our faith and serve others. This spring we will continue with our book The Cup of Our Life by Joyce Rupp. Joyce Rupp illustrates how the ordinary cups used each day can become sacred vessels that connect readers with life and bring them into closer union with the Divine. She explores how the cup is a rich symbol of life, with its emptiness and fullness, its brokenness and flaws, and its many blessings.
- The group meets the 1st Wednesday of every month. Bring your lunch and enjoy some girl time. Childcare is available for a monthly charge of $5—reservations are required. Scholarships are available for both childcare and the cost of the book.
- The group meets the First Wednesday of every month • 12pm • Hines Hall