Journey with us as we seek the way of Jesus and grow in the image of Christ. Our adult ministries are designed to sustain you along your faith journey and to help you understand where Christ is leading you.
Time: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
Location: First & Second Floors of the Church
Our class of men and women focuses on the study of scripture and application to our daily lives through different books and video.
We range in age from 30s to 40s with the majority raising elementary aged children. Many in the class are part of the Seedlings Downtown Community, which is where parents of elementary aged kiddos connect with one another and build relationships.
Our class of men and women focuses on the study of scripture and application to our daily lives. We range in age from mid-thirties to early forties with the with many raising children.
New Beginnings is a class of 40- to 60-year-olds. We have a group of rotating teachers and do several different studies a year. We are very active in supporting the church with volunteering and assisting with any needs. We also have social activities throughout the year including supper groups, picnics and Christmas Parties. For more information contact Brad Anderson.
- The Sprouts group meets for Faith & Fellowship on various Sundays of the month at 9:45am. To learn more about Sprouts, like our Facebook group: SPROUTS or contact Ashley Rogers at email@example.com or Brenda Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Known for its warm fellowship, this class of mature adults is currently studying the video and book called John, The Gospel of Light and Life by Adam Hamilton. The class is led by a team of teachers including Dede and Doug Speight, Bill Weese, Tom Goldsborough, Alan Lovell and John Leyenberger. For more information, contact John Leyenberger: email@example.com
Active Retirees Gathering
- The Active Retirees group comes together to form friendships and experience new ways to stay active. In the past the group has met for potluck dinners, game nights, an evening in the park and kayaking. The group is warm and welcoming and looks forward to meeting you at their next event. Contact Rebecca Boggan to be added to the list email distribution list firstname.lastname@example.org
Art & Faith is a Downtown Community open to anyone interested in learning how to express their faith through art. You do not have to be an artist or an expert. As a group, our goal is to explore what God is revealing to us and express it in art. Contact Suzanne Pratt at email@example.com.
- The group is currently meeting
- The group meets the 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month at 6PM in the Conference Room.
- Led by Suzanne Pratt & Vicki Roberts
Are you seeking baptism for yourself? FUMC, Bentonville would like to be a part of this important step in your spiritual life. In this two-hour session, information will be presented about the sacrament of Christian baptism and how we, as United Methodists, practice and uphold newly baptized Christians in this community of faith. In addition, details will be provided about how baptism is carried out in worship. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask as many questions as they like. If you are interested in exploring baptism, pleas contact Rebecca Boggan.
- The Chancel Choir is a non-auditioned group of singers who meet on Wednesday evenings who simply enjoy praising God through song. The choir is comprised of people of all musical abilities; from professional singers and instrumentalists to those who have done very little to no singing. If you are interested in joining us please contact Dr. Ray Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rehearsal takes place every Wednesday
- 6:30PM • Sanctuary
We’re excited to have you consider FUMC as the place you want to belong! The purpose of DISCOVER FUMC is to help you get to know your pastors, as well as understand the core values, identity and purpose of the church. You’ll hear about expectations of membership as well as our commitment to help you become a passionate, selfless follower of Christ.
We’ll share ways for you to get involved, and build relationships with one another, and our community. We’ll also leave plenty of time to answer any of your questions. After the class, you will be contacted by one of our pastors to provide the necessary next steps toward membership. All new members will be invited to celebrate at our upcoming new member dinner!
WE WILL GATHER ON: Wednesday, September 25 | 6pm—7:30pm | Church’s Gathering Room
CHILDCARE IS AVAILABLE: Contact Allison at email@example.com to register your child.
Let us know you’ll be attending HERE.
Join us for Financial Peace University!
Dave Ramsey and his team of financial experts will teach you how to beat debt and build wealth with the most powerful tool there is…. your income. SPACE IS LIMITED TO 10 FAMILIES. SO REGISTER EARLY! We will meet on Thursday evenings beginning September 12 from 6pm – 7:30pm for 9 weeks. Class will not be held on Halloween, 10/31.
PLEASE REGISTER AND MAKE AN ADVANCED PAYMENT TO ATTEND THE CLASS:
Advance Payment is required. Learn more HERE.
Download a PDF of the flyer with full class details HERE.
FUMC Runners is a group of runners that meet together to improve physical fitness by training together. The group consists of walkers, new runners, experienced runners and every level in between. Several of us train for common races throughout the year. Runners Group is open to everyone and there is no cost to join. For more information, see our Facebook group.
Contact: David Rector for more information.
If gratitude is good, why is it so hard to do? In Grateful, Rev. Diana Butler Bass untangles our conflicting understandings of gratitude and sets the table for renewed practice of giving thanks. Rev. Rebecca Boggan will lead this 4-week study. Book scholarships are available. Contact Rebecca at the church office if interested.
WE WILL GATHER ON:
Thursday mornings September 19 & 26, October 3 & 10
10:30am in the Gathering Room
BOOK PURCHASE REQUIRED:
Grateful: The Transformative Power of Giving Thanks by Diana Butler Bass
The Hiking group experiences a new trail every month! Both members of the church and the community are welcome to join us during our outdoor adventures. We meet the 3rd Saturday of every month at 8:30am in the church parking lot and we carpool or drive our own cars to our destination.
- The group will monthly beginning this September in the church parking lot
Our New Member gatherings are an opportunity to build friendship and community with others who have recently joined the church. After joining, you will receive an invitation in the mail to dinner at a member’s home. During dinner we will share information about the ministries of the church and you’ll have lots of time to socialize and meet other new members.
- Contact Rebecca Boggan to learn when our next gathering will take place.
- Do you love singing praise to God or playing an instrument? If so, we invite you to join us in The Gathering service, our Contemporary worship service. The Praise Band rehearses on Sunday mornings at 7:45am and the band participates in both the 8:45am or 11am Gathering Services.
- Rehearsal takes place on Sunday mornings at 7:45AM
- The band performs during the 8:45am & 11am worship services. Contact Ken Weatherford for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seedlings is where parents of elementary aged kiddos connect with one another and build relationships. The group meets the last Sunday of every month from 4pm—6:30pm for Sunday Family Fun Day. We’ll kick-off the event with a special craft or family activity, practice songs for our upcoming Children First worship service (taking place the 1st Sunday of the month) and conclude the night with supper. Seedlings also offers a variety of activities like parents nights out, play dates and more
- To learn more about Seedlings, contact Sadie at email@example.com.
Sprouts is where parents of young children connect with one another and build relationships. We offer a variety of activities to help families build a foundation for raising children in faith. These include parents’ night out, play dates, Sunday school classes, parenting resources, and more. Be sure to pick up the groups latest calendar of events outside of Hines Hall today!
The Marriage Course is a series of 8 sessions, designed to help couples invest in their relationship and build a strong marriage. Nicky and Sila Lee, authors of The Marriage Book, developed The Marriage Course for couples looking for practical support to strengthen their relationship. The course is designed to help couples build strong foundations, learn to communicate more effectively and resolve differences well.
The class is led by Pastor Eric Meyer and meets every Tuesday, Sept. 10 – Oct 29 from 6pm – 7:30pm in the church’s Gathering Room. Download a PDF of the flyer HERE.
Childcare is available. Please email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Book Purchase HERE.
- The Women’s Daytime Gathering group offers women a place to come together in community to grow in our faith, share our wisdom and build relationships with one another.This fall, we will begin a new book, Me First in the Mornings: A Plan to Take Charge of Your Time & Your Life Without Feeling Selfish by Amy Crumpton.The group meets the 1st Wednesday of every month at noon in Hines Hall. Bring your lunch and enjoy some girl time. Childcare is available for a monthly charge of $5 – reservations are required. Scholarships are available for both childcare and the cost of the book. Haven’t read the book? It’s okay, come anyway! Contact Rebecca with questions.