This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those explicitly stated in this job description.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Youth Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (5-10 hrs/week) paid hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: The Youth Ministry Worship Leader will oversee the youth praise band and Wednesday night worship. This individual will focus on the growth of the youth praise band and youth ministry worship experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and or coordinate music during worship services and winter retreat.
- Lead Practice and Worship Weekly
- Develop youth leadership in band.
- Encourage and engage students in ways to grow their musical abilities.
- Work in the evenings and on weekends.
- Work with youth minister on worship planning.
- Design worship media
- Lead prayer in worship services and at special events.
- Provide biblical teaching in worship services and at special events as needed.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience leading worship.
- Must have a servant’s heart with a teachable and open attitude.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong people skills and experience in working with youth.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage time well, and demonstrate professional verbal skills.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, email, and social media platforms.