POSITION REPORTS TO: Children’s Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Regular Part-Time Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervise nursery workers, babysitters, and servant ministers who provide
physical, emotional, and intellectual stimulation and safety of children six week- sixth grade, while
they are in the church nursery or in church childcare.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Abide by and ensure implementation of all policies and guidelines of First United Methodist
Church-Bentonville at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, Safe Sanctuaries policy,
Nursery and Childcare “Best Practices” Manual, and Children’s Ministries Nursery and
Childcare Family Handbook.
- Schedule and supervise all nursery staff; paid and unpaid. Ensure proper staff coverage at
.all times; find substitutes when needed, and if necessary, work themselves.
- Supervise the Sunday morning nursery ad special worship services. May attend one
.worship service on Sunday and special worship services, if there is a nursery supervisor
working in the nursery at that time.
- Calculate nursery staff’s hours worked and turn into financial officer.
Be knowledgeable of FUMC Bentonville’s check-in system and assist parents, volunteers,
and staff in using this program.
- Attend and assist with nursery trainings, and all other required training. Advance notice of
training dates will be given.
- Ensure completion of nursery forms, keep nursery staff files up to date, and work with the
Children’s Ministry Director and Assistant Director to conduct job performance evaluations
- Ensure safety of nursery environment, i.e. cleaning products and medications stored out of reach of children, outlet covers on electrical outlets, sanitation procedures followed, etc.
- High school graduate and 21 years of age or older
- Be of good moral and Christian character
- Stability of mental, physical, and emotional health
- Completion of background check and all required forms
- Safe Sanctuaries trained (training offered through church)
- Receive CPR training and certification for infants and children within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to supervise paid/volunteer staff 14 years of age through adulthood
- Administrative skills
- Knowledge of age-appropriate needs for children six weeks of age-sixth grade.
- Ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities and developmental levels common to children six weeks of age-6th grade
- Active willingness to advance personal knowledge of nursery care and childcare for
children six weeks of age-6th grade