CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT: Sharing Christ, Making Disciples.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those explicitly stated in this job description.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Business Administrator
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Part Time – 9am – 2pm/3pm
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant works with the staff to support their clerical needs, providing assistance and communication to the congregation, and positively welcoming the community as a resource enabling their entry to the Church, its life and programs. This person will support the Church Office in ministering to the congregation by expressing through word and deed; love, acceptance, grace and unconditional positive regard in working with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes office warm and welcoming by keeping the area neat in appearance, keeping coffee made, and positively greeting and providing assistance to staff, members, and community.
- Answers phone in a pleasant tone; supply information, recording messages, or routing calls to appropriate personnel.
- Sets up answering machine for day or night ring as necessary
- Prepares information and agenda for weekly staff meeting.
- Prepares outgoing mail and opens and sorts incoming mail.
- Orders and maintains office supplies inventory.
- Operates office machines; schedules maintenance as needed.
- Copies various material provided by laity as needed
- Assists office volunteers in completing their responsibilities.
- Maintains membership information on computerized software program
- Records individual’s weekly worship attendance on computerized software program
- Prepares documents for baptisms.
- Enters and maintains church activities on computerized calendar software program.
- Sends out reminder emails and documents for upcoming committee meetings.
- Prepares and prints worship bulletins using Microsoft Publisher.
- Assists with preparation and printing documents requested by staff and laity.
- Perform various tasks to prepare items for worship services.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a person of integrity who is dedicated to the life of the church whose beliefs are consistent with those of the United Methodist Church.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess an ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage time well, and demonstrate professional verbal skills.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite.
- Associate Degree with a preference in business or secretarial science
- Advanced skills with Microsoft publisher and PowerPoint