This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those explicitly stated in this job description.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Youth Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (20 hrs/week plus travel)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Youth Ministry Assistant will help to oversee the smooth operation of the Youth Ministry office. This individual will provide program and event support services for the Youth Minister and volunteers.
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL HAVE…
Someone who feels called to ministry. Who wants to work with teenagers and is willing to take the time to understand how to guide them in their faith and life experiences. Someone with high energy who is able to keep up with kids and challenge them. Someone who is creative – in the areas of art, music, game ideas, program developing, mission goals, ways to learn. Someone who values the trust parents and students give and respects that trust through responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage program data and generate reports as requested (i.e.: attendance).
- Assist and potentially lead trips and events, arrange transportation, accommodations, and volunteer support.
- Work with other church staff to complete projects as assigned.
- Work in the evenings and on weekends.
- Attend regular staff meetings and committee meetings as needed.
- Assist with Sunday School administration and church services.
- Assist the Director or Pastor in leadership, planning and direction for worship services and special ministry events
- Lead prayer in worship services, small group, or mission trips, and at special events.
- Provide biblical teaching in worship services, small groups and at special events as needed.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A Bachelor’s degree or pursuant of higher education, preferably in education or related field.
- Must have a servant’s heart with a teachable and open attitude.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong people skills and experience in working with youth.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage time well, and demonstrate professional verbal skills.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, email, and social media platforms.