Addictions, depression, anxiety, and self-harm are reaching epidemic proportions in Northwest Arkansas and It’s past time we begin fostering difficult conversations about the issues that are driving these epidemics. SpeakUp! is a community event held on March 28 & every Wednesday in April to provide education about the types of drugs on the street today, ease of access and how to get help.
CHASING THE DRAGON MOVIE SCREENING & OPENING PANEL DISCUSSION
- Wednesday, March 28 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm | FUMC Bentonville Hines Hall
- We will screen a very impactful documentary called Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict which follows the journey of five addicts followed by an informative panel discussion.
- Master of Ceremonies – Monica Kumar, Host of NWA Alive! and Social Justice Advocate
APRIL PANEL DISCUSSIONS AND TOPICS
- Every Wednesday in April | 6:30pm – 8:30pm | FUMC Bentonville – Hines Hall
- We will host independent panel discussions designed to address opiate addictions, depression and anxiety, drug & alcohol abuse and self-harm and offer advice from experts about how to deal with the underlying causes.
- April 4 | Depression and Anxiety
- April 11 | Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- April 18 | Self Harm
- April 25 | Learning From Those Who Have Been There
PANELISTS & SPECIAL GUESTS INCLUDE
- Clinical Psychologist, Lisa Fitzgibbons
- FBI Agent, Jason Ray
- Bentonville School District Safety Director Officer, Steve Vera
- Drug & Addiction Counselor, John Ezell
- Licensed Associate Counselor, Tiffany Berry