Journey with us as we seek the way of Jesus and grow in the image of Christ. Our adult ministries are designed to sustain you along your faith journey and to help you understand where Christ is leading you.
Time: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
Location: First & Second Floors of the Church
Our class of men and women focuses on the study of scripture and application to our daily lives. We range in age from mid-twenties to early forties with the majority raising small children.
We are offered a new beginning through God’s love and grace each day. So let’s begin every month with a fresh start. Join us the Second Sunday of every month at 10am in room 217 for this monthly study led by Rev. Rebecca Boggan
New Beginnings is a class of 40- to 60-year-olds. We have a group of rotating teachers and do several different studies a year. We are very active in supporting the church with volunteering and assisting with any needs. We also have social activities throughout the year including supper groups, picnics and Christmas Parties. For more information, contact Scott and Vicque White. Vicque57@gmail.com or email@example.com
Fellowship is an important part of our faith. Coming together to support one another is an experience that allows us to learn and gain strength. Because gathering together is so important, beginning in February we are dedicating one of the upstairs Sunday school classrooms as an open space to be used by all for fellowship and more every Sunday starting at 9:45am. Everyone is welcome to bring a snack to share.
+ Pastors Eric and Rebecca will be available at The Connection Point to answer your questions about participating in the life of the church.
+ Pastor Rebecca will also host a conversation about prayer several times a month—all are welcome!
+ Sundays | 9:45am—10:45am | Room 228
Known for its warm fellowship, this class of mature adults is currently studying the video and book called John, The Gospel of Light and Life by Adam Hamilton. The class is led by a team of teachers including Dede and Doug Speight, Bill Weese, Tom Goldsborough, Alan Lovell and John Leyenberger. For more information, contact John Leyenberger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Retirees Gathering
- The Active Retirees group is a relatively new group coming together to form friendships and experience new ways to stay active. In the past the group has met for potluck dinners, game nights, an evening in the park and kayaking. We are a warm and welcoming group and look forward to meeting you at our next event. Contact Rebecca Boggan to be added to the list email distribution list email@example.com.
- Our next event: Fayetteville Botanical Garden -Tuesday, August 21 from 7pm – 9pm.
- Bring lawn chairs to hear National Park Radio, a modern blue grass folk band from the Ozarks. Food trucks will be on site. No pets please. Questions? Contact Jan or John Franklin at 479-855-7236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Art & Faith is a Downtown Community open to anyone interested in learning how to express their faith through art. You do not have to be an artist or an expert. As a group, our goal is to explore what God is revealing to us and express it in art. Contact Suzanne Pratt at email@example.com.
- The group is currently meeting
- The group meets the 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month at 6PM in the Conference Room.
- Led by Suzanne Pratt & Vicki Roberts
Are you seeking baptism for yourself? FUMC, Bentonville would like to be a part of this important step in your spiritual life. In this two-hour session, information will be presented about the sacrament of Christian baptism and how we, as United Methodists, practice and uphold newly baptized Christians in this community of faith. In addition, details will be provided about how baptism is carried out in worship. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask as many questions as they like. If you are interested in exploring baptism, pleas contact Rebecca Boggan.
Confirmation is an opportunity to respond to the grace of God available to us, as acknowledged in baptism, and to promise to live as a person of faith. Confirmation and reaffirmation are our responses of commitment, profession of faith, and re-dedication.
- Wednesday evenings: 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26
- 6:00pm—7:00pm • Conference Room • Led by Kurt & Rebecca Boggan
FUMC Runners is a group of runners that meet together to improve physical fitness by training together. The group consists of walkers, new runners, experienced runners and every level in between. Several of us train for common races throughout the year.
Tuesdays 7PM Runs – From April – September we meet at various places around the city and do different hill workouts. See our Facebook page for the hill of the week.
Saturday 7AM Morning Runs: We meet Saturdays at 7:00AM for fellowship and group runs. This group meets in the church parking lot, opens with a brief prayer and then heads out at many different paces and distances; often meeting up afterward for a cup of coffee or breakfast downtown.
Runners Group is open to everyone and there is no cost to join. For more information, see our Facebook group.
Contact: David Rector for more information.
The Hiking group experiences a new trail every month! Both members of the church and the community are welcome to join us during our outdoor adventures. We meet the 3rd Saturday of every month at 8:30am in the church parking lot and we carpool or drive our own cars to our destination.
- Upcoming Dates: Saturdays—9/15, 10/20, 11/17
- 8:30am • Meet in church parking lot
Men face many challenges and obstacles in life as we choose how to use our time, resources and skills. Get involved with the Men’s Daytime Fellowship Ministry where we provide a comfortable environment for men to grow spiritually and experience life with other Christian men.
- This is a NEW group. Stay tuned for an upcoming event date or email David Hutchens for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us once a week to build friendships and talk about life, faith, hopes, health, and God. We simply cannot do life alone, and this group is intended to help form relationships that will carry us through life together. Mondays will consist of great coffee, group discussions, guest speakers and of course new friends!
- Monday evenings from 6PM—7PM
- 211 Cafe 106 SW 2nd St • Led by Eric Meyer
This 3-week course is designed for new United Methodists, or anyone wanting to learn more about what it means to be a United Methodist today. By the end of this course, you will be able to identify the:
1) Structure of the United Methodist Church.
2) Historical roots and beliefs of United Methodists.
3) Growth and core principles of Modern Methodism. Please join us as we discuss what it means to live our faith in the Methodist tradition!
- Sundays at 4pm • 9/9, 9/16, 9/23
- Gathering Room • Led by Kurt & Rebecca Boggan
Our New Member gatherings are an opportunity to build friendship and community with others who have recently joined the church. After joining, you will receive an invitation in the mail to dinner at a member’s home. During dinner we will share information about the ministries of the church and you’ll have lots of time to socialize and meet other new members.
- Contact Rebecca Boggan at email@example.com to learn when our next gathering will take place.
Seedlings is a brand NEW Downtown Community. The group will mimic the successful format of the Sprouts Downtown Community but will cater to parents and families of elementary aged kiddos. We are currently in the initial planning stage for this group and we’d love for you to join us. To learn more about Seedlings, contact Sadie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a way to connect deeply with Christ? Or, perhaps you are feeling a deep desire to guide others to this experience. Then join us as we share the journey together during this 8-week class. In this group we will not just talk theory, but put into practice the ways to experience Christ taught by the spiritual mentors who have gone before us. Together we will:
- Explore the ways of life and practices of those who have lived most closely to the Divine over the past 2,000 years.
- Discuss their experiences of God, their spiritual disciplines, and devotional practices.
- Guide and support each other in following those practices ourselves.
- Wednesdays: 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24
- 6pm – 7:30pm • Parlor • Led by Eric Meyer
Sprouts is where parents of young children connect with one another and build relationships. We offer a variety of activities to help families build a foundation for raising children in faith. These include parents’ night out, play dates, Sunday school classes, parenting resources, and more. Be sure to pick up the groups latest calendar of events outside of Hines Hall today!
A search for purpose and meaning in the events and choices of our lives. A costly journey with an unknown destination. Discover a Middle Eastern homeless man from twenty centuries ago and why he still stirs the souls and imagination of so many.
This 6-session series on Jesus’ invitation to follow him includes films by Nadia Bolz-Weber, Greg Boyle, Brene Brown, Emmanuel Katongole, Rachel Held Evans, Richard Rohr, and Rowan Williams, visual liturgies from Kelly Stewart Hall, Thomas Merton, Travis Reed, and Ann Voscamp and reflections by Rich Nelson.
- Sunday mornings: 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 11/25
- 10am • Room 228 • Led by Eric Meyer
This 5-week curriculum primarily focuses on the Gospel of Matthew’s version of The Lord’s Prayer. Matthew located the prayer in the middle of Jesus’ teaching about crucial matters such as what it means to live out God’s blessings (called the Beatitudes), what it means to follow the law, loving one’s enemies, giving generously and secretly, where we get our true reward for doing God’s work, and the like. The Lord’s Prayer anchors his disciples in understanding of one of the most important teachings of Jesus found throughout the gospel—the Kingdom of God.
- Sunday mornings: 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/14
- 10am • Room 228 • Led by Eric Meyer
Wednesdays | Noon | Gathering Room
- Looking for a daytime women’s group open to all ages? “Come as you are & when you can”
- The group will meet monthly – 1 Wednesday a month.
- The group will gather to pray together, grow in their faith to and serve others.
- For more information, contact Rebecca Boggan at email@example.com