POSITION REPORTS TO: Business Administrator
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Regular Part-Time Hourly (10 Hours)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position ensures an organized, clean and well maintained church kitchen environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Overall Kitchen Duties
• Oversee the use of the kitchen so that the kitchen is organized, cleaned and maintained.
• Insure that kitchen equipment is properly used and maintained.
• Deep cleaning of all surfaces to include but not limited to: cabinets, pantry closet, all ovens, stove, microwave, refrigerators, and freezers a minimum of twice a year.
• Ensure kitchen linens and tablecloths are clean.
• Keep the kitchen stocked with tea, lemonade, coffee and other assorted pantry items
• Keep the kitchen stocked with disposable paper items (napkins, plates, cups, bowls, paper towels, aluminum foil, clear wrap, storage bags, etc.)
• Purchase supplies needed for Sunday morning Hospitality
Knowledge and Communication skills
• Be aware of and direct volunteers to employ safe food handling, preparation and cooking.
• Oversee and direct volunteers whose ages and kitchen experience will vary widely.
• Communicate and work with the church staff and volunteers to keep the kitchen, Tuesday Night Dinner and hospitality maintained.
• General knowledge of the operation of standard commercial kitchen equipment.
• Ability to purchase supplies and work within a budget.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions and perform all essential duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Ability to lead and work with volunteers, and support the church staff and congregation of First United Methodist Church, Downtown Bentonville.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Requires Safe Sanctuary Training.